A Good Website Content checklist you should never miss. The success of websites depends on quality content. Why web content is important ? A website must offer content that meets the demands of users, and it should be optimized for search engines such as Google and Bing.
Checklist for good Content
- Content. Your site sucks and is a waste of space and bandwidth if it is yet another godawful anime, general computer help, or other useless redundant pointless site.
- XHTML compliancy. Absolutely never rely on a certain browser, so make your code XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant (http://validator.w3.org/). This means that at this point, it's the browser's fault for not rendering your page right, not yours. Explosively gaining popularity browsers such as Firebird strictly adhere to these specifications. Be CSS compliant as well.
- Remember that millions of Americans are vision-impared. That means never rely on color to convey a point, use large font sizes, and avoid text in images wherever possible.. ABSOLUTELY NEVER use a light-on-dark color scheme...it's murder to view on some monitors and with some vision impediments.
- Never use images where text will suffice, e.g a website with images for each of the navigation items, each reading a different word like "Blog" "about me" etc. Lets say they have 7 nav items. If there is an image for each one, thats 7 images the browser has to load. Now, if you use the same image and use (X)HTML to put the text in, thats only one image. Use the one image as a background for each nav item and them write the text in yourself.
- Another navigation point, make it clear. Theres no point just having symbols or weird stuff like that (although it can come in handy when you have visitors from all over the world, speaking - and reading - in different languages, if this is a problem check out Babelfish). Have clear navigation and try to split your website into meaningful sections, maybe with a "main site" or "misc." section for all the odds and ends, e.g. link, about, contact, copyright etc...
- Make your site interesting, and try to dedicate it to one soul purpose. E.g. writing, or movies, or music etc. Anything you can think of - and dont worry if it doesnt look like the rest of the websites out there and has got different content - be grateful, most designers strive day and night for that. :thumbsup:
- Page content must be easy to read
- Website should be easy to navigate
- Look for page design consistency
- Add valuable content
- accomplish the goals for which it was created in the first place.
- contain original content that isn't found any where else on the net.
- No one likes site scrapers, so do some market research and write your own content. Otherwise, hire a copywriter. You'll be glad you did.
- Be well organized and easy to follow in terms of navigation.
- Be compelling enough to get repeat visitors.
- Be actively promoted,
- Not be an "island" by gradually attaining inbound links.
- Be routinely updated with useful or brand-building content.
- Have an overall design that is consistent from page to page. For
- instance, it is very frustrating to come to a new page and find that the main navigation has moved!
- a good site should have a consistant color scheme/template etc
- a good site should have a simple and easy to remember URL
- a good site's address should tell what the site is about.
use CSS wherever possible
- Creating visual appeal with pictures
- Creating visual appeal with borders and shading
- Adding a clear slogan
- using headings and subheadings to break up chunks of text
There are others of course - such as leaving white space around the text and making sure that the content is worth reading - but these are 4 basics to start with.
- Website loads quick and files like images, video or pdf needs to download quickly
- Sells the product or content not the design
- Emphasis on branding
- Cross browser platform Issue
- Use of x HTML instead of HTML (and for my view point strict dfd should be used so that it can remove all the errors by checking the document online and after that the document will be open on even mobile browser)
- Css should be preferred instead of Images
- Meaningful content
Need to help for the good website and Good content, you may consider The Malaysia web design company to study and analyst your current web content.